John Tapia — CEO
Executive Management & Special Projects
President & Founder
As a second-generation low voltage contractor, John Tapia has been involved in the electronic industry for most of his life.
He began working in communications technology when he was only 12, when he organized and started learning Architect and Engineer approved drawings, specifications, and applicable building/fire codes.
In his teens, first as a Journeyman and then as a Foreman, he was employed full time in professional installation of electronic Fire, Security, Clock, Data, Public Address, and Sound Systems in public educational facilities. Quickly progressing in his career to Field Engineer, he displayed proficient industry skills and knowledge, diagnosing and correcting field or design related issues to streamline productivity and efficiency. Utilizing the same skills and knowledge, he was able to educate installation personnel, effectively raising standards of practice in order to achieve greater market presence. He designed/corrected system layouts for multiple design/build projects, integrating systems to minimize costs while maximizing efficiency.
His technical skills were challenged in detention or highly secure mission critical settings during his work for Integral Communications/US Systems in Rocklin, CA. Following that, he spent five years as a Project Manager and worked in Design/Estimate/Sales for Electronics Unlimited, in Fresno, California.
It was in 2007 that he founded his own firm in Fresno, CA. As President and CEO of magnetar.us, inc., he is able to exercise the personal qualities that ear-marked him for success – team management, customer services skills, strong problem-solving/troubleshooting – as well as his extensive knowledge of, and diverse professional expertise in, layout and design, estimation and project planning, installation practices and procedures, equipment programming.
Equipment Knowledge includes:
- Fire Alarm systems- Gamewell FCI / Mircom / EST / Silent Knight / Honeywell /
- Security Alarm systems- DMP / DSC / Ademco / UTC
- Access Control- Bright Blue / Northern / Hirsch / Honeywell / Keri / Bosch
- Data Networks- Panduit / Siemens / Leviton /
- Automation Control systems- Crestron / Extron / SP / HAI
- Mass Notification Systems – Gamewell FCI
- Master Clock- Sapling wired/wireless / Bogen / Lathem / Standard / Rauland / Telecor / Dukane / Teradon
- Public Address- Teradon / Bogen / Atlas / Rauland / Jeron / Dukane
- Telephone- Vertical MBXIP / FXII / MP5000 / MP100 / DX-120
- Professional Audio Video- Bose Professional / Crestron / Extron / Sanyo / Kramer / Symetrix / QSC / Allen & Heath / Presonus / Biamp / Apogee / Yamaha / Community